- Before marriage, love is a fairytale.
- After marriage, love is a joke!
- Before marriage, it’s always whispers of love.
- After marriage, it’s lies after lies.
- When a man is poor, his wife is also his secretary.
- When a man gets rich, his secretary becomes his wife.
- Before marriage, it’s pecks and kisses.
- After marriage, it’s fits and hisses.
- When a man is poor, he wants to marry his wife.
- When a man gets rich, he wants to find a mistress.
- Before marriage, everything is romantic.
- After marriage, everything is a waste of time.
- Before marriage, the man is humorous.
- After marriage, the man prefers silence.
- Before marriage, the man waits for his woman at the restaurant.
- After marriage, the woman waits for her man in the living room.
- Women are great at making eyes.
- Men are great at making up lies.
- Before marriage, the man woos and coos.
- After marriage, the man hums and haws.
- Before marriage, the man is willing to write a blank check.
- After marriage, the man will only write a bounced check.
- Before marriage, the man clings onto his woman everyday.
- After marriage, the woman has to keep an eye on her man everyday.
- Before marriage, lies are honeyed words.
- After marriage, honeyed words are a load of rubbish.
- Before marriage, a couple can’t be close enough.
- After marriage, a couple can’t be distant enough.
- Love turns a man into a poet.
- Love turns a woman into a dreamer.
- Before marriage, it is predestination.
- After marriage, it is a fatal attraction.
- Before marriage, a couple can talk till they drop.
- After marriage, a couple would rather drop than talk.
- The mind of a woman only contains her man.
- The mind of a man only contains other women.
- A man who makes a mark on his career is not romantic, but a man who is romantic is unreliable.
- A woman who is beautiful can’t cook, but a woman who can cook is not gentle.
- Before marriage, a woman gives a man heartaches.
- After marriage, a woman gives a man headaches.